Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Four Seasons

Posting these at the special request of Yoav,

These are some quick little watercolors I did for an assignment; I had to "illustrate the four seasons in a place I call home" based on what I learned in my Chinese Art class. In Chinese art they use a lot of symbols (particular flowers, for instance) to indicate the seasons. So, rather than paint the weather, I decided to depict the seasons in the place I call home (Louisiana) using some 'symbols' I myself came up with.

So here you are, spring, summer, fall, and winter. Enjoy!


spring: flowers (crate myrtle, azaleas, irises), crawfish season


summer: blackberries, honeysuckle, shrimp, (and egrets and cypress because why not),


fall: migratory birds (Canadian geese!), acorns, alligator season


winter: cardinals, bare/brown trees, Mardi Gras

No comments:

Post a Comment